He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, April 26, 2009

FED UP

Thursday, Darren's parents called and asked if they could keep the girls over the weekend. Darren wasn't able to have them because he had bowling. I told his mom that would be fine with me. She picked them up close to 10 am on Saturday morning. Today, I meet Darren's parents and the girls at Pizza Hut. They bought us supper and then we came home.

When Deb picked up the girls on Saturday, I mentioned to her that I had a talk with Darren. I told Darren that for how little he actually sees the girls, I thought he would want to spend as much time with them as he could and look forward to his weekends with them. He needs to look at a calendar, prioritize, and he may have to cancel out of some of his extracurricular activities if he cannot find a sitter for the girls. I have to do it when he calls me because he cannot have the girls on his weekends. Then he expects me to give up my weekend so he have them when he isn't busy. I am done switching weekends. From now on, he will have to wait 2 weeks to see the girls if he cannot watch them on his weekend. If he calls because he is sick, his girlfriend or her kids are sick, or if he has to work on Saturday, I understand. However, if it is because he wants to go out with his buddies to play darts, bowling, pool, or whatever....that is a different story.

I started to feel like dirt. Like he was taking advantage of me. I am tired of being used and abused and I am done. I am completely done bowing down. I have stopped busting my butt to change plans and work things out so that it suits Darren. I am looking out for #1 now. I'm done playing games.

His mother didn't say too much, but I think she understood.

3 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I imagine it's hard to basically hear your kid's a deadbeat dad, but it's goood that they understood. It's good that you keep his parents in your kids' lives, too. It seems like that can at times be hard to keep up.

     
  • At April 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Blogger April said…

    Good For You! I do not understand why Darren doesn't choose his kids over his other activities! But I agree with Doug, its good that they get to see their paternal grandparents.

     
  • At April 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I have always liked Darren's parents. When we do speak to each other (which isn't often), we do get along well.

    I feel bad for them since they do not see the girls that much. However, I am willing to set something up with them if they call or email me saying that they want to see them.

    Depending on how things go, I do not have a problem with them having the girls on Darren's weekends if Darren cannot watch them for some reason. That's kind of a win-win situation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone