He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, April 05, 2009

DAY 4 - WASN'T VERY GOOD

The girls were back home earlier than expected today. My aunt had forgotten about something going on at her church in Minot. Her daughter had called her this morning asking if she remembered it. Of course, aunt Faye had forgotten, and around 1 o'clock this afternoon she and her husband brought the girls home. I wasn't expecting the girls until after supper time, so I was in the middle of a nap when they showed up.

The girls weren't too bad, but they did keep me going all day long. Little Jessie wanted me to pick her up and hold her most of the day. She got upset when I told her I couldn't. I think she got the point after three hours of asking. Jessie did get into a few things that I had to clean up and put back in order. Otherwise, she was good. Cassie was a charm. She knew I was still pretty sore and tried to help with with stuff.

Around 6 o'clock the girls noticed that two of the horses were out of the fence again. I looked out the window and I could see where the fence had broken in half. It was caused by the horses leaning on it while trying to eat the stack of hay on the other side of the fence. I called my dad to see if he could fix the fence for me since I cannot move around all that well yet. He said he couldn't do it. He spend most of the day at the church setting up music for a funeral on Wednesday and now had to get ready to go back to Fargo for work. My last option was my neighbor Bob. I gave Bob a quick call but he didn't answer his phone. I was considering leaving things as they were until morning, but the way the horses were running up and down the road, I was afraid they were going to hurt someone when it got dark. In desperation, I called Brandi and she was able to get a sitter for her kids and she came out to my place. She and I went outside together after the girls were sleeping and worked on the fence. The fence is now up again. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tonight, my back really hurts something terrible. I did a lot more work then what I should have, but kids need to be taken care of and my animals cannot run wild. Tomorrow my mom is going to pick up the girls again after work and keep them over night. I hope after another day or two of rest my back will be okay to bring normality back to my house....but what is normal around my house?!? I just want to be able to go to the bathroom and wipe my behind without my back protesting in pain.

I am going to take another Percocet. It isn't time for one yet, but I need to do something or I won't be able to sleep at all. I figure the worst that taking another pill right now will do is make me tired, and sleep is my goal. I think it's a win/win situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone