He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, March 30, 2009

CLEANING, MOVIES, & ANNULMENT

My mom had the girls Friday night since Darren wasn't able to pick up the girls over the weekend due to snow and bad roads. I wanted to get my house cleaned up and my friend Brandi wanted to do a movie night. I told Brandi if she helped me clean, we could watch movies over here. Brandi got the shaft of the deal when she offered to clean the toy room and the girls' bedroom while I cleaned the kitchen and living room. The toy room looked like what was left after the Battle of Okinawa and the bedroom resembled the bombing of Hiroshima.

It didn't take too long to get the house in order and we were ready to watch movies. Brandi brought over Changling, Quarantine, and Twilight. Changling and Twilight were very good. Quarantine was okay but I expected better. During Quarantine, the horses had gotten out of the fence and my big sorrel mare came up to the house and starred through the living room window. Brandi was in the recliner chair next to the window. She happened to look over her shoulder and got a look at the horse. She screamed and her butt came 3 feet off the recliner. I thought her reaction was hilarious, but she wasn't as impressed. We had to pause the movie so that I could go out and put the horses back in the pasture.

Yesterday I decided to call up the neighbors and invite them over for supper. I had two chickens in the oven and had a bunch of potatoes peeled. I left messages telling the neighbors to let me know if the couldn't make it. Around 2 o'clock Randy Silliman called and said he and Brenda wouldn't be making it over because they decided to take their son out for an early birthday supper. Bob and Nancy Silliman never called so I thought they would be coming over but they never showed up. The only one that did show was my father. I was a bit disappointed, but hey, it happens. I send a bunch of chicken home with my dad since there was no way the girls and I could eat two chickens ourselves. Maybe the next time around there will be a better attendance.

I haven't gotten my annulment for the Catholic church taken care of yet. I started thinking about it the other day and decided it is time to take care of it. I spoke to my mom and she is going to get the forms and stuff I need. My mom is concerned because we have a really staunch, old time priest and thinks he will stop offering me communion when he finds out I'm divorced and will not offer it to me until the annulment is complete. There is also a fee for the annulment. I don't know who came up with a fee for an annulment. They should be shot. Honestly, is it necessary to make someone pay for a document saying that it is okay to remarry inside the Catholic church, otherwise your divorce is not noticed by the church and you cannot remarry inside the church until then?!?! The annulment I am okay with, it's the fee that irks me. I think it's just another way for the church to pad their pockets a little deeper. Hey, it's perfectly fine with me to remarry in a grassy field of wildflowers instead of a church....in fact, I would prefer it, but whatcha going to do about it. It's better to deal with it than make a big stink about it. Gripping will not fix anything anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone