He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'M IN PAIN

I experienced the worst pain of my life last night. Pain that I wouldn't even inflict on my own worst enemy.

I was cleaning up the house and I bent over to pick up some dirty clothing off of my bedroom floor. The instant I bent over I had a super sharp pain start in my butt and move upward to my shoulders. I had to stop myself from screaming because the pain was so terrible. The shooting pain only lasted about 10 seconds, but it was the worst 10 seconds of my life. I felt paralyzed and it literally took my breath away. It took me at least 20 minutes to straighten myself upright and to start breathing normally.

I called my mom. She sent my dad over with a heating pad, some 800 mg Ibuprofen, and some pain reliever. My steps were slow and shuffling and I didn't dare sit down in fear of not being able to get back up again.

The night was a bit long. I feel asleep around 10:30, but I was up again at 4 am and could not get into a comfortable position to save my life.

This morning, I called the clinic as soon as they opened to see my doctor. My dad came over and drove myself and the girls to town. After I met with my doctor, he sent me to have an x-ray done. Turned out that I had bulged a disc when I bent over. He gave me prescriptions for a pain killer and a muscle relaxer. Then he sent me off to physical therapy.

Therapy made my back feel a whole lot better and the therapist showed me how to lay down, sit down, and move around with minimal pain. I also have some exercises that I need to do. However, after the long car ride home, the pain was back quickly. The therapist said the first 3 to 4 days are going to be the worst and I will have some type of lighter pain for up to 2 weeks.

When my mom got off of work, she came over and picked up the girls since I cannot take care of them at the moment. She has to work the weekend so I am trying to get a hold of their dad to see if he can take them, but so far he has been ignoring me. Hopefully something will work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone