He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, April 04, 2009

DAY 3 - STUPID ME

This morning I woke up and my back didn't feel to bad so I skipped my morning dose of meds to see how my back would do without them. This wasn't the best decision I have ever made.

Since my back didn't feel too bad, I mustered up the courage to get into my car and drive to my parent's place to see the girls. I hadn't seen them since Wednesday evening and I was really starting to miss them. Sitting down into the car was a bit of a challenge, but I made it in. I positioned the car seat into a 90 degree angle as best as I could and headed down the road. Half way to my parents my back started to ache pretty good. At that point, I realized that not taking my morning meds AND getting into the car were very bad ideas. Every time I moved my leg to press on the brake or accelerator my back let out a wonderful sharp burning feeling. I only stayed about a half hour at my mom's. My back was starting to roar and all I wanted to do was get back home, take meds, and get back into my bed. Even after the meds my back and hip/leg are still soar. I get to take another dose in about an hour. Hopefully that dose will do the trick. I know better now than to skip my meds to drive and see the girls. When the pain is maintained I am going to keep up with the doses to make sure it stays that way.

I am a excited to get the girls back tomorrow evening. The house is oddly quiet and boring without them running around and making noise. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with them. If not, all I have to do is make it through to Tuesday and then maybe my mom can help a little bit on her days off.

I am going to watch some movies on the LMN channel, take meds at 8 o'clock, and then hopefully settle into a good nights sleep. Anyone feel free to send me emails to keep me entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone