He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, March 07, 2009

SAME STUFF, DIFFERENT DAY

My butt has really been dragging the last couple of days. The girls and Eris really started to run me down the last two days of Eris's stay. I am still cleaning up stuff and getting things back into their proper order. Darren wasn't able to take the girls this weekend for me. I guess everyone is sick at his house. I don't blame him for not wanting them. Taking care of sick kids isn't fun. However, I did get a pleasant surprise.

Yesterday around 6 o'clock, Brandi called me. She had arranged babysitters for both of us so we could have a well deserved girls night out. She arrived at my house a half hour later with her niece, Kayla. I gave Kayla instructions for the girls normal bedtime routine and then Brandi and I headed out the door to the movie theater in Devils Lake. Brandi took me to see The Watchmen. I thought the movie was okay. It started out really slow and boring and then it started to get good about the last 20 minutes of the movie. If anyone is thinking about seeing this show, I would suggest renting it instead of spending the $7 at a show hall. We headed back to Leeds right after the show and stopped at KJ's Bar. It was packed with people celebrating a bachelor/bachelorette party. Brandi and I knew a lot of people there, and before we knew it, it was closing time. Then we headed home.

Today Brandi and I took all the kids swimming at The School For The Deaf again. The kids all played and swam together very well. After swimming we got supper at McDonald's for the kids. I really want to keep doing this with the girls. They have so much fun their.

I was able to find hay from a man that lives North of Leeds. The hay is old so I will have to get a pitchfork and remove the outside wrap from the bales and then pitch the better hay underneath into the bale feeder. I have also started to grain the horses pretty heavily. The more grain they eat, the less hay they will go through. I am going to have to sit down this summer and do some serious planning for next winter. I do not want to get stuck in this position again.

I am proud of myself. Tonight I installed a wireless router so that I could run my home computer and my laptop on the internet at the same time. I got everything working correctly on the first go. I have never done anything computer techy....so YAY ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone