He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, February 28, 2009

SWIMMING AT THE SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF

Yesterday, Brandi invited the girls and I to go with her and her boys swimming at the School For The Deaf in Devils Lake today. There is public swimming on Saturdays from 1 o'clock until 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I said we would go because we have been fox holed in the house since Eris arrived on Wednesday and we all really needed to get out. So, after lunch today we headed for Devils Lake.

At first I thought I was setting myself up for a suicide mission, but I was surprised by how well they all did. There was no screaming, fighting, whining, running, or any other crazy things that kids have a knack for pulling. Cassidy dove right into the water and stayed in the water for the whole two hours. I didn't have to help Cassidy at all and it made me happy to see her enjoying her freedom. Jessie followed her big sister right into the water and started jumping into the pool all by herself and swimming back to the edge to do it all over again. Jessie must have done that at least a bazillion times while I watched from the water. Eris really didn't do a lot of swimming. I tried coaxing her into the water several times, but she seemed to be scared of it and preferred to stay on the steps going into the water. It was a good thing that I brought snacks along. After swimming, the girls ate all the string cheese, cracker sticks with cheese, and fruit snacks that I had and drank every juice box in the car. When we got home they devoured their supper. By the way they ate, you would swear I hadn't fed them all day.

Now everyone is winding down for the evening and we are all super tired from all the swimming. I'm pretty sure everyone will be in bed early tonight. I am so glad that Brandi invited us out. It was a lot of fun and I think I may start taking my girls every Saturday to go swimming for something to do...weather permitting of course.

2 Comments:

  • At March 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Blogger April said…

    Oh how fun! I can't believe that I've only seen like 1 or 2 pics of Eris. She's beautiful! I bet the girls just have a blast together! I guess the secret is just to let them wear themselves out everyday!

    BTW my mom painted that mural on the walls at the deaf school pool along with the fish IN the pool.

     
  • At March 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I noticed that your mom's signature was in the corner of the murals. They are done very well.

    Eris has been a lot of fun. I cannot get over how much she looks like her mother!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone