He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 18, 2005

FRIDAY EVENING

I couldn't find the energy to finish all the cleaning that I wanted to, so around 5 pm Cassie and I ran to Leeds to get milk and stop at my mom's.

When we got to my mom's, she surprised me with one of the first purchases for the baby. She bought the flannel ABC blanket that I was eyeing at the Craft & Bake sale at the hospital. She also got some cloth books for Cassie but we are going to save one for Christmas. Also, my mom ordered a new artificial Christmas tree from some fake tree company and that also came today so I put it up for her because I wanted to see what it was like and it's really REALLY nice.

So far, so good on the toddler bed. Cassie has been sleeping for the night for a few hours now and I haven't heard her get out of bed or hit the ground. Just to make sure she had a soft landing if she fell, I layed out a few blankets on the floor after she fell asleep. Tonight I sat by her bed and I don't think it took 10 minutes and she was sleeping so I think she's adjusting well.

After watching Cassie sleep in her big girl bed, I got to thinking how fast she is growing and she's only 2 years old. She can talk in sentences, she lets me know what she needs weather it's juice, cookies, a movie...., she can drink out of a cup, she uses her fork/spoon/and knife, she can undress herself, she brushes her teeth, washes her hands, she loves to feed the dog by herself, she can get in and out of her car seat without help, and the list goes on. She's so independent that I feel a little sad sometimes cause I am not sure if I am ready for her to be so "big". In another year, she won't need me for anything other than fix her meals, fill the tub with water, and make sure her cloths are clean. However, it's going to be really nice when the baby is here and I keep telling myself that, yes, I do want her to be so grown up. It's just been amazing to watch her grow and I have loved every moment of it.

1 Comments:

  • At November 19, 2005 at 8:13 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I can't imagine that in a year she'll only need you for food, water, and clean clothes. I'm 23 and I still need my mom, so I'm pretty sure Cassie will always need you no matter how old she gets. I suppose it will just be in different ways than when she was an infant and toddler.

    I know where you are coming from though. I'm already dreading the day that Isabella doesn't want to cuddle with me and give me hugs and kisses. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone