He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I WANT TO GIVE MY NEIGHBOR GOLD FOR CHRISTMAS

My neighbor (Randy Silliman) that lives right across the railroad tracks from us called me tonight about 3 minutes after I walked in the door. He wanted to know if I called a company in Dunseith about using a backhoe to dig our ditch for the water line to connect our rural water. I told him no but I had planned on doing it tomorrow. He told me not to worry about calling them because he said the company was over at his house today drilling his rural water and when they were finished he told them that I needed someone with a backhoe just to dig out our yard. The company told Randy that they have a bunch of people around here that need backhoe work done anyway and they would be back tomorrow with their backhoe so Randy showed them where we lived and told them that it's not a big area, only about 35 feet, and they put our house on their list. Randy was basically calling to say that if someone showed up at my door in the next few days with a backhoe to dig, I wasn't supposed to turn them down. I was so happy that I wanted to cry. I had called Randy last week to get the company telephone number but I could never get a hold of the boss. I was so worried that I may not get water by the time the ground froze and now it looks like it may happen after all. My nights of endless praying for some help with my rural water were answered. Now, I just hope that the weather stays decent enough for the company to come back this week. Sometimes with contractors when they tell you "oh, in the next day or two" they actually mean weeks not days.

If they do show up and start digging, I am going to have to get a hold of my dad really fast and buy the pipe we need to connect everything right away so that the power and water won't be turned off in the house for a long period of time. I hope that I won't have to stay at my parents place for more than a day or two before the water is actually connected and able to use.

I am so thankful that my neighbor was kind enough to think of me while those contractors were at his place today. He could very possibly be the difference in actually getting water this year or having to wait until spring. If I do get my water connected in the next week, I really wish I could send Randy gold for Christmas. A few painted rocks will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone