He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

EYE AND DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS

My eye exam went well, however, the optometrist said that I have a moderate amount of stigmatisim in one eye and that's why I have problems with newspaper print and have trouble seeing at night or when the sky is grey. He gave me a prescription to help correct the stigmatisim and since contacts don't really do anything for a stigmatisim I got glasses. I should have them in 7 to 10 days.

I saw two old friends from high school when I was there too. One of them is working at the eye clinic in Devils Lake now so I got to talk to her for a while and she even helped me find a pair of glasses that, believe it or not, look really good on me and they are even covered by my Medicaid.

The doctors appointment wasn't bad. I had the option of eating just 65 jelly beans or eating 15 jelly beans with a can of coke. Well there was no way in hell I was going to be able to choke down 65 jelly beans without anything to drink so I opted for the 15 beans and can of coke. The blood draw was terrible. The nurse that always draws my blood wasn't there and a nurse that I wasn't used to had to do it. She poked my left arm with the needle and only a small amount of blood came out so she started moving the needle back and forth a bunch of times and was going to work the needle in a little further. This went on for about 3 minutes and I finally told her that she had to stop cause my whole entire elbow started to burn terribly. When she poked my right arm she got the vein right away and didn't have a problem. Needless to say the inside of my left arm is bruised pretty good and sore. I hate it when they have to poke you more than once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone