He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

VACUUM

In my last post, I forgot to mention the best Christmas present that I received this year; A Dirt Devil Vision Cyclone vacuum. I needed a new vacuum for a really long time. The other vacuum I had was second hand. It worked fairly decent, but only for a little while. In the end, it wouldn't pick up a damn thing.

I am totally in awe of this new machine. I think I am the only person who gets excited to break out their vacuum and start cleaning the carpets. It's the Monica Lewinsky of vacuums. I was vacuuming my bedroom yesterday, and a sock had eluded me by hiding under the bed. This wasn't a standard every day sock. It was one of my heavy duty, 1/2 inch thick, what I wear when I am outside doing chores socks. I was vacuuming around the bed and just barely brushed the tip of the sock, and before I could finish thinking "oh shit", the vacuum sucked the entire sock up in .06 seconds. I immediately turned off the vacuum, got out my screwdriver, and opened the guard on the bottom of the vacuum. The sock was wrapped around the brush pretty good, but I was able to get it out with minimal effort. I replaced the guard and turned it back on. The vacuum still worked amazingly after eating the sock. In my opinion, if a vacuum is going to completely suck up a huge sock like that and still work, it's worth it's weight in gold. I was really impressed.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone