He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, December 12, 2009

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME

With money being super tight, trying to figure out how to put together a cheap Christmas, and trying to work out my daycare issue, I didn't think things could possibly get any shittier for me then they already have.

I was completely wrong.

Today, mom gave me money to treat my girls to a movie. We went to Devils Lake and saw the new Disney film, The Princess and The Frog. It was a good show and we all enjoyed it. When the girls and I got back to my moms, I attempted to help her put up her Christmas tree. I didn't get much done, the girls got extremely tired, my mom was getting pretty crabby, and it was time to go home. Everyone needed a break from each other. After the girls and I got home, we started watching Grandma Got Ran Over By Reindeer. Cassidy got up to go use the bathroom. The cat followed her. Cassidy must have thought the cat was thirsty because the cat jumped in the tub and laid down. When Cassidy got done going to the bathroom, she went over to the tub to turn it on to give the cat a drink. When Cassidy leaned against the tub, the top edge of the tub collapsed and created a big ass hole along the top edge of the tub. I repeat; This isn't just a little crack, it's a huge ass hole! I didn't get upset with Cassidy. It was not her fault. There had been a big crack running along the top of the tub for a while. I was going to buy a fiberglass repair kit to fix it, but I don't have to worry about a kit, now I need a whole new damn bathtub.

I want to go out to my front yard and scream "Why me?" as loud as I possibly can. But what good would that do? It's not like someone is going to hear me, and even if they did, what would they do? Also, it would only be affirming my neighbors suspicions of me being a nut case.

This sucks so much, and it couldn't have happened at a worse time. I will admit that any time it would have happened wouldn't have been a good time, but with things tight like they are and Christmas two weeks away.........why now? But just like everything else, I will take a deep breath, suck it in, and just deal with it. A person cannot change what is done, but they can take it and make it better. A tub is a necessity, and we don't want to stink. The new tub has become top priority in my household. I will now be working my ass off to be able to purchase a new tub in 4 weeks. It's going to take at least that many weeks to establish a good enough paycheck.

Most of you think I am handling things well lately. I say Thank You to all of you, but I'm not taking it as well as you really think I am. I am mad, upset, depressed, and very much borderline insane right now. I don't know how much more of it I can take. It's situations and times like these that make people want to check out.

1 Comments:

  • At December 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    I know it is hard but hang in there. The tough times are the things that we remember. Listen to old people talk and you will hear them tell story after story of how they persevered. That is what makes us strong, as well as understanding of others and proud of our accomplishments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone