He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

NEW ROOMS

When I get stressed or something bothers me, my natural automatic response to it is to keep myself occupied. And I don't mean cross stitch, puzzles, or reading a book. I have to have something that keeps me moving and my hands busy. I rarely notice what I am doing or how much I accomplish until I step back and look around. These moments are bitter sweet. I get a lot of shit done, but something has to dramatically shift in my life to do it, and a majority of the time it's not a shift that someone would want to welcome. I have done this since I can remember when and drives some people nuts. Today was one of those days.

I started with picking up the living room, and then I moved to the kitchen. When I was done in the kitchen, I decided to start cleaning up the girls toy room and bedroom. When I was done with the girls rooms, I decided that today would be a good day to switch the two rooms around. I have no idea what possessed me to think of doing such a thing. I had to move all the toys and junk from the toy room to the living room, then the dressers needed to be moved into the "old" toy room before I could take the bunk beds apart. I vacuumed the "old" toy room and got the two dressers moved in. Right now, the bunk beds are still in the "old" bedroom until I can find someone to help me get the top bunk bed down on the floor. Then, I will be able to everything into the new bedroom and the toys can come out of my living room and go into the new toy room. In the process of all this, I was able to pitch hay for the horses, cook two meals for Jessie, and keep Jessie occupied while I was cleaning everything else. I also went through ALL the toys and threw a bunch out that the girls do not play with anymore.

Tomorrow, I am not sure what I am going to do. I have the day off of work and I absolutely have to have something to do. If it was still 40 above zero, I would actually go and clean out my entire garage so that I can finally park my car in it...but that's not going to happen until spring now. I am not going to freeze my ass off while I am working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone