He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I HATE MONEY

All of you know I am pretty content with life and I don't get excited about much, except when it comes to horses. However, nothing pisses me off more than when you mess with my money. I hate money. It truly is the root of all evil in this world. A person cannot survive without it....well, you could, but I guarantee you would be uncomfortable without most modern conveniences.

My job is a bit crazy right now. The company is experiencing hardship, just like every other business out there, and they were going to lay off employees. A bunch of us put up a big stink about it because they just hired a bunch of new people. What company in their right mind hires a bunch of people and then decides they have to lay off? After a few weeks, the company decided that instead of lay offs, they were going to cut every ones hours down to 18 hours a week. If we want more hours, we are responsible for checking the schedule board and picking up shifts that other employees post for pick-up. This is crazy, insane, and almost impossible because everyone is scrambling to pick up hours so they can all make 40 hours a week, and it's hard to meet 40 hours a week when nobody wants to give up any of the 18 hours that they have. And if someone does post hours, you better be looking at the break board when they do it, or the hours are gone as soon as they are posted. I am lucky if I make 25 hours a week. This makes the paycheck look pretty said.

Also, I was going through my accounts last week and noticed that I did not have a child support payment come in. This surprised me. I get a child support payment the same day that I get paid from my job. I thought the payment may be posting late because of the Thanksgiving holiday. The more I thought about it, the more that didn't add up. If that was the case, my paycheck should have been late too. I use the child support payments to pay my child care provider for when my girls are in daycare. My daycare does not do credit, so I have to pay her Friday of each week. I did not have the child support payment to pay my day care provider, so my girls cannot go back until she gets her payment for last week. My daycare provider isn't being rude or doing it to be mean, she is just running a business and I totally understand where she is coming from. I was hoping I would have the payment in my account today so that I would be set up to bring the girls back to daycare on Monday. When I checked my account today, there was still no child support posted.

I called the ND Child Support Division in Devils Lake and asked them to check on it. I was surprised to find out that another person receiving child support has an ex who is working for the same company as my ex, and they had previously called in because they were missing their payment too. From what I was told, the woman who does payroll for the company my ex works for was out sick with the flu, so she was late at getting the money out for child support. This made me a little upset, but you can't hold being sick against someone. I did tell the person I was speaking to that I haven't had a payment since November 18th and I couldn't work until my daycare provider got paid. The child support division thought my last payment on November 18th was odd as well. Child support is going to make some calls, speak with my ex's employer about the last payment, and then call me back. I am hoping that I will have some type of payment extremely soon. This is the first time EVER that a child support payment from my ex has been late. I understand that it's not his fault, but the company he works for. However, I need this money for child care expenses and bills to be covered that I cannot cover with my paycheck.

Now all I can really do is hope that something posts tomorrow or Monday morning. If not, I will have to come up with other sources. I hate doing that and it makes me mad. I am so annoyed with everything right now, it's eating me alive!

1 Comments:

  • At December 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I disagree about it being the root of all evil, but I definitely agree about how hard it is to live paycheck to paycheck, especially when you have to count on getting it at a specific time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone