He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

OH CHRISTMAS TREE

For Thanksgiving, I went to Jamestown for the day and spent it with my brother. We ate a lot, drove around, went shopping, and had a really good time together. I left Jamestown really late that night and came home. Now I can't wait for Christmas when the whole family is together. It will be a lot of fun.

Saturday afternoon, I decided to put up the Christmas tree. Last year, the plastic base for it broke and I got a metal tree stand to replace it with. The metal stand didn't work all that well because the post for my artificial tree kept slipping in the metal stand, causing the tree to have a really wicked left shift lean to it...or it would topple over if we were not careful around it. I decided to run into Devils Lake and get an appropriate base for it. The only base I could find for an artificial tree was at K-Mart, and it wasn't a normal "plain Jane" stand, it was a heavy duty rotating stand and it was expensive. Because of the price, I decided to run to Rugby and look for a stand. I couldn't find any stands in Rugby at all. At one of my last stops in Rugby, I was told by a man that it's near impossible to find an artificial base, and places only sell the big green bases for real trees since most trees now come with a base already. It was about 8 in the evening and I was upset that I spent all day looking for a stand and I should have just bought the one at K-Mart. *I believe this is when I suffered my first aneurysm of the Christmas season. I couldn't set the tree up without a base, and the branches to the tree were scattered all over my living room.* I made a call to a friend, and they happened to be in Devils Lake, so they picked up the stand up at K-Mart for me and drop it off at my house.

It was close to 9 o'clock, and now that I had the base, I started putting up the tree. I got three rows of branches on my tree, and then my light strings decided that they only wanted to light up half way *Aneurysm #2.* I was tired and didn't want to mess with it anymore, so I left it like it was and went to bed. The next morning, I sat down with all my light strings and spent about 4 hours getting them to completely light up and then finished putting up the tree. I had the girls put the ornaments on the tree. They did a fantastic job decorating it. After it was all decorated, I went and plugged it in....and the stupid light strings only lit up half way again *Aneurysm #3.* I decided to say the heck with it and left them like they were. It still looks really pretty, but I am bummed that the lights decided to be stupid. I don't dare turn the base on at all so the tree can rotate it. I hate to think about the mishaps that could happen with that....also, it won't tempt the cat to attack the ornaments.

Now, I just have to get all the decorations up on the inside of the house and I am all set for Christmas. I don't know why I decorate the inside of my home. It's not like I have a lot of people coming over or anything. I think I mainly do it for the girls.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone