He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, January 01, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I, like everyone else in the Midwest, started the Christmas holiday out by being lucky enough to attend the worst Christmas Blizzard Ever 2009. My brother made it my parents place before the awful weather hit. My poor sister did not make it to Leeds until the day after Christmas. She ended up spending Christmas Eve in a suburb of Minneapolis, and then had to stop in Fargo on Christmas Day. We didn't open presents or anything until she made it home okay. For Christmas, I received an RCC gift card from Mike, a TSC gift card, a really cool Farm Girl shirt and a pair of socks from my dad, a new Stephen King book, a music CD, and a baking dish that now replaced the Pampered Chef dish that my girls broke way back when.

It was nice to have our family together for a little while. That doesn't happen often, and when it does, we have things going on and we are all in a rush to be doing something. It was nice to sit and just enjoy the company. Even if I had wanted to go home at some point with the girls, there was no way I couldn't. My yard and driveway fills in really bad when it's snowing and blowing. My place was completely blocked, and had to be cleaned out before I could even think of getting home. The first decent day after the storm, my dad went to my place and cleaned out the yard for me.

I hope everyone had fun ringing in the New Year. I stayed home with the girls and we watched movies. After the girls were in bed, I laid down in bed and started reading my Stephen King book; Under The Dome. It's a 1,000+ page book....and I read 648 pages. I must say, it's a really good book. I will probably finish it up by tomorrow. I was thinking of going to the Community Center in Leeds to the annual New Years Eve supper that the local bar hosts, but it was cold and I didn't want to drag the girls out in the weather. Besides, the three of us had a great time hanging out together and you cannot beat moments like those.

2 Comments:

  • At January 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    You read that much in such a short time? Good for you. I read slow--it would normally take me a month to get around to finishing a book.

     
  • At January 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    It wasn't in one day, it was more like in three days. But, when I sat down to read it, I couldn't stop. I finished the book yesterday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone