He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

JUST SHOOT ME PLEASE

This is a recap to bring people up to speed on whats going on.

Three weeks ago, I got strep throat. Last week, I had to go back into the clinic because it had started to come back. I was giving an injection of Rocephin in the butt and a different prescription. Today I had to go back to the clinic because during the night it became very difficult to breath and my chest felt like an elephant was squatting on it.

I saw my doctor at 10:30 this morning. During my exam, we had to pause for five minutes so I could take the time to throw up in a cute little blue sack. Then the doctor sent me over to Mercy Hospital to have a chest x-ray performed because he said my chest sound like "an old rusty gate swinging in the wind." I returned to the clinic to wait for the results of the x-ray and threw up some more. The x-ray's didn't show any pneumonia, some places were a little cloudy, but not really that bad at all. My doc decided to give me a steroid injection (a second shot in my butt!!) to help speed up the effect of the steroid, and he also prescribed steroid tablets that I have to take for 10 days.

As soon as I got to my car, I had to throw up again. I didn't care about dignity after the shot in my butt, so I just kicked the car door open, leaned over, and threw up on the clinic parking lot. It was a good 10 minutes until I felt well enough to start driving. As I was driving through town, I felt nauseous again and pulled over near the McDonald's and threw up some more on the side of the road. I wasn't sure if I was going to make the drive home or not, so I just sat in the car and waited to see what would happen. I started to feel okay, so I headed home. I got to the BTR elevator outside of Leeds when I had to throw up again. I had a car in front of me, a car behind me, a car passing me, and no place to pull over........so I will let you use your imagination on what happened next.

I got home at 1 o'clock. I put my pajamas on, threw my jacket, sweatshirt, and pants in the washing machine, and laid down. I don't think I was in bed for 5 minutes and I was fast asleep. I didn't wake up until a quarter after five. I got clothes on, went to the grocery store, and then picked up the kids from daycare and came home. I have been sick for 3 full weeks now and have suffered from almost everything I can possibly imagine. I cannot wait to see what I catch next. I just hope that I feel good during Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Yikes. I threw up on myself in the car once, but I wasn't driving it, and I was 13, and it was just basic car sickness because I was reading like an idiot.
    One thing that sucks, though, is when you're in the car and you get that feeling that stuff's gonna come out. Unfortunately, your body didn't wait just a couple seconds longer!
    No offense, but what I would give to be the "passing" car at that moment.

     
  • At December 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks, Doug! However, I am pretty sure they thought it was hilarious too. I am pretending that nobody in the cars noticed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone