He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 20, 2009

PROGRAM TONIGHT

I am happy to say that my step has finally gone away. It's nice to be able to swallow again without agonizing pain.

Cassidy has her Fall Festival program tonight at the school. I am excited to go. My mom is coming with us too. After the program, the girls will leave for the weekend with their father. While the girls are gone, I am going to try to get my house back in order, and probably spend a majority of my free time riding.

I have noticed that my navicular horse it starting to favor her front leg more. I have been reading and researching things on navicular horses. So far, the best information I have found has come from a man by the name of Pete Ramey. There are also several different types of boots to put on horses depending on their needs. I read a statement from a woman who had a show horse develop navicular. After boots and the proper treatment, she is now jumping the horse again. I cannot imagine being able to show jump a horse with navicular...but I guess anything is possible. I really want to get more info on it. I would like to have my horse free of leg pain and be able to ride her. She was my childhood, and I am not going to give up on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone