He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 23, 2009

STUFF

The past week was a bit crazy for me. I was cleaning my house like a mad woman, getting into every nook, cranny, and crease because Rainy is bringing her daughter out on Wednesday to stay with us for a week while she and Jason are in Las Vegas. In natural kid fashion, while I was trying to clean, the girls were right behind me making a mess out of everything else. I must have washed 6 loads of laundry that didn't seem to put a dent in the pile. The worst was when the girls got Easy Cheeze on my white comforter in my bedroom, and while I was cleaning that up, they went and spilt milk in their beds only adding to laundry detail. However, I did get everything in tip-top shape and we are read for Eris. This makes me think to myself, "Why do we work so hard to clean up the house when we know it will only be 2 hours until it's dirty again?"

On my last run into town for my weekly shopping trip, I went and bought myself something. Because I had a good return on my taxes, I purchased a small 26" flat screen TV for my bedroom. I bought it mainly because it was a cheapy, no brand name TV...and I have always wanted a flat screen at the end of my bed. A friend came over and helped me mount it to my wall. It looks really good and I love relaxing in my bed and watching the RFD (Rural Farm Developement) channel. They have awesome horse programs.

Keeping the horses fed has been crazy this winter. Winter came too fast, and too cold that nobody was really prepared for the amount of hay animals were going to go through. The colder it is, the more they eat, and they have been eating like fat kids in chocolate factories. I have called a few neighbors, but everyone is in the same boat looking for hay to buy. I checked The Peddler, but there isn't even anyone selling hay bales. My mom did speak to someone who may have 1 or 2 bales that we might be able to purchase. They should be getting back to us shortly about the hay.

2 Comments:

  • At March 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Blogger April said…

    I think its hilarious that you watch the RFD channel... you are truly a country girl, Janelle :)

     
  • At March 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    HaHa! I know I am a big hick, but I'm okay with it. You mean to tell me not all people like to watch livestock and agricultural programs??? Hehehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone