He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 09, 2009

MY 30TH BIRTHDAY

On Saturday a bunch of friends and I got together at a local bar in Leeds to celebrate my 30th birthday. My friend Bethany Ritterman brought a feast that would have fed an army. She had BBQ's, two different chip dips, a macaroni salad, and chips. My mom made homemade buns and also had a cake for me to take up to the bar. My friend Cole brought the plates, silverware, cups, and party bead necklaces. The party started at 6:30 p.m. but things really didn't get going until after 7 o'clock. We all ate and told hilarious stories that had most of us crying all night long. I cannot remember the last time we all sat down and belly-laughed that hard at anything. After we all gorged ourselves on food, the drinks started coming. I cannot tell you how many shots were given to me, but I was told that at one point shots kept continuously coming for a good hour. Some shots were pretty good, some where horrible, and some I wish I could remember their names cause I never want to have them again. Ryan Schloss gave me a shot that burned the back of my throat for a half hour. After everyone had a few drinks and were feeling pretty good, we started playing bar games. Raphael (the bar owner) brought in his Bean Bag Toss game that was super entertaining. Imagine about 9 drunk people flinging bean bags across the bar. I don't know how we didn't break anything. We also enjoyed several games of bowling on the Wii that had us laughing and joking around pretty good. I was pretty sure I was going to make good friends with Raphael's toilet in the woman's bathroom, but I didn't get sick at all. I even felt good the next morning. I cannot believe there was no hangover. However, I did get sick on Sunday, but it wasn't from the drinking.

I had to take Jessie into the doctor last week because her tonsils were swollen and she had been coughing a lot at night. Turned out Jessie had tonsillitis. She was put on a 10 day antibiotic. She broke out a bit from it, but she did finish it. However, she is still a little sick. She must have spread the sickness to me because when I woke up on Sunday I had very bad lower back pain, my throat hurt bad, and I had been fighting a fever. Last night I fought being hot and cold all night, both of my ears started to hurt, and every time I swallow or sneeze I swear my tonsils are going to rip right out of my neck. I called the doctor to see about getting meds for myself. I am waiting for the clinic to call back. Hopefully they will fill something and my mom can pick it up after work so I don't have to drive in this awfully icy weather.

On Sunday Cole took the girls and I into town to eat since Sunday was officially my birthday. I had Cole take us to The Ranch since that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE place to eat in Devils Lake. Before going to The Ranch, I stopped at the 2nd Chance store to find jeans for Cassidy. They had nothing there her size so we ended up going over to Wal-Mart. I picked out two pairs of jeans and a few tops for Cassidy and also a pair of jeans for Jessie and a couple of shirts. I also had to get laundry soap and a bunch of other stuff. At the check out Cole surprised me and paid for everything. I was kind of upset that he did that. He didn't have to do it. However, I do really appreciate it because then I can use the money that I do have saved on bills.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! I know I definitely did!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone