He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, June 11, 2007

MY WEEKEND

My weekend was fairly relaxed. On Saturday my father and I moved the horses over to my parent’s place. While my parents are horse-sitting for me, Darren and I are going to get the pasture sprayed for the leafy spurge that has totally taken over the pasture. Cassie was extremely upset the first night the horses were gone. She kept screaming that the horses belonged to her and that grandpa and Nana had to bring them back. I don’t think she totally understood why grandpa and Nana have the horses. I reassured her that the horses will be back after a while and if she ever wants play with the horses all we have to do is just drive over to Nana’s and we can see them.

Sunday, Darren cut the grass and I threw a bunch of chicken legs and vegetables on the grill and made a macaroni salad. I was really impressed because everything turned out great. Right before we ate Vinny, Billy Jo’s husband, called and invited us out to their place. We were really looking forward to going out to their house in the evening to have a few beers with them and let the kids play together but it didn’t turn out like we hoped. In fact, we didn’t get out there at all.

After Darren cut the grass we let the girls outside to play. I believe Jessie has some type of allergic reaction to the cut grass because she developed red hives all over and one of her eyes turned bright red and puffed up pretty good. After we ate, I threw Jessie into the tub and then gave her some Benadryl. That seemed to work okay. Her hives went down but her eye was still gross and she was very fussy and uncomfortable yet. So we had to call Billy and Vinny back and let them know that we would not be coming out since Jessie broke out.

Today we have a good chance for thunder showers. I like to listen and watch the thunder and lightening. I tried taking the girls out this morning but the mosquitoes were so damn bad that I brought them directly back inside the house. I may call Billy later to see what the insect report is like out at her place. If it isn’t bad out there, I will take the girls out there along with some homework and do a few tests out at her place.

I have to send a very late HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE! out to my brother. It was his birthday on Friday, and like a terrible sister, I forgot to give him a phone call. I may still call him because I know that he doesn’t get to check my blog a lot. Most of the time he just plain ‘ol forgets that I have one.

Say, Doug, do you know if your dad found an infant size 3 grey/pink Sketcher yet? Jessie is still missing her shoe. Oh, and don't let me forget that I owe you $6.

2 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2007 at 12:46 AM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    He did find a shoe just like that in a size 4 1/2...okay so he didn't, but I mentioned it to him, so he'll keep his eyes peeled.
    As for the $6, if I don't remember it, you don't owe it. That's my policy, and I have no recollection.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 11:16 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thank you very much for asking your dad about the shoe. I will let you know if I should come across it myself.

    Next time we are out together, I will buy you a few drinks. If I do not repay you in some way then I will feel guilty about it. You actually gave me $20 for drinks but I only bought one each for Darren and myself so I gave you back the change. Anyone else would have probably grabbed the $20 and split.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone