He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, June 07, 2007

HAPPENINGS

Last weekend was fun. It was the Devils Run Classic Car Show. Darren, I, and Jessie drove in for the car parade. After the parade we went to Dairy Queen with April and Kevin. After we finished lunch we went back to April’s mothers house to finally meet Aiden in person. He is such a little cutie.

In the afternoon Doug, Kevin, and Darren decided to go out and shoot a potato gun for a while so April and I hung out with Karissa and Isabella at Doug’s fathers place. I really like Doug’s dad. He is a very nice man. I think I may have left one of Jessie’s grey and pink Sketchers over there because I have not been able to find her shoe since Saturday.

We drove back home around 4 p.m. and after the girls had supper and were in bed my mother came over to the house so that we could go back into Devils Lake for the street dance. It was a lot of fun and I even ran into Rainy and Tawny; two very close friends who I have not seen for a very long time. It was nice to chat with them for a while and catch up on things. After the street dance ended we went with April, Kevin, Blake, Amber, and Ben over to Tab & Derek’s place. We sat around eating pizza’s and drinking until about two in the morning. We didn’t get home until very close to 3 a.m. I felt bad because my mom was sleeping on the couch when we got home. I am really glad that she did that for us. It has been a very long time since I was able to get out and do something like that.

This week has been pretty nonproductive except for my homework. Amazingly, I have been able to keep ahead of schedule in all of my classes. I may just finish my summer classes early.

I have a terrible abscess on the inside of my thigh. I see the doctor at 2:30. He wants to drain it and see what is causing it because it keeps returning. It is extremely painful. At the slightest touch it gives a burning, paralyzing feeling. It hurts to sit, walk, ride, and wearing clothes hurts beyond all belief when the material rubs against the abscess.

Darren and I have been going to the city council meetings lately because the mayor, who is a friend of ours, is having some really bad problems with a few of his council members and those members are not making the best decisions for the entire town. We just want to hear what is going on and keep up with things since the public is allowed to attend the meetings. We gave our opinion about some of the homes here in town and we suggested that the town get rid of all the abandoned houses. I guess that did not go over well with one of the board members since it is there abandoned house that is next to ours that we want burnt down. So yesterday we got a letter in the mail from the Benson County Weed Board about the leafy spurge problem in the pasture and that we need to take care of it. Funny thing is that Darren and I had already sprayed some of it with a weed product that we bought in Wal-Mart to see if it worked. If it kills the spurge that we sprayed then we will buy more and use it on the entire pasture. Otherwise, we were going to give the mayor some money and have him buy some good weed killer at the elevator here in town and see if he could spray it in the pasture for us. The mayor thinks that a certain council member turned it in because the whole 6 years we have been living here we have not had the Weed Board make any comment about the property but now after we have been going to these meetings it has started. We do not have any proof of it so we cannot really accuse anyone but it is suspicious.

2 Comments:

  • At June 8, 2007 at 2:39 PM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    People who hold public office often times get offended when the public don't agree with them. Don't let this make you give in to the things that you believe in.

     
  • At June 8, 2007 at 3:38 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I'm glad you guys had a good time this weekend!
    I'll check in with my dad about the shoe. He enjoys the company--Jas's buddies are always dropping in, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone