He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

STUFF

First off, I must sent my prayers out to TLawWife. She is an avid reader from KS and since my last post they had that terrible tornado that wiped out a town and have been having not-so-great weather since then. I just want to make sure that she and her family are okay because I have been thinking about her a lot the last week.

I finished all of my classes up yesterday. A whole whopping 3 days before the end of class deadline. One of my final grades has already came back. It was for my Medical Law and Ethics course and my final grade is an A. I am hoping that I did that well on the other three. I have a break now until the 21st and then my summer classes start up.

I am close to ripping our telephone company a new one. About a week ago our phone line became very staticy. It was so bad that I could not stand being on the phone with someone very long because it was annoying. It had even effected our Internet. The computer would only connect at a maximum of about 14.3 which blew. I called the phone company and they said they didn’t know when someone would be in the York area (the phone company is based out of Stanley, ND..near MEDORA!!) Luckily though, someone did show up two days later. They said we had carotid lines and that was causing the problems so they cleaned up the lines. It worked for two days and our phone and Internet is crappy again. I called the phone company today and a woman said that she didn’t know when someone was going to be in the area again but they were going to put a rush on it since I take online college schooling. Since Stanley is located across the state from York, they like to have 3 or more phone problems before they come up this way, since a trip up this way takes them all day. I am still trying to figure out why York went with a phone company across the state and not NDTC from either Rugby or Devils Lake. There is even a little NDTC office in Leeds, which is only 7 miles away, for cripes sake!!

Darren asked what I wanted for Mother’s Day. Of course I tried asking for the female black lab pup. He shot that down right away. It disappointed me a little bit. I really do want the puppy but I have a feeling that he is not going to let me get it. My friend said the puppies are on dog food and they can go in about a week and a half. So I still have a little bit of time to work on Darren before I tell my friend that she will have to find another owner for the pup. I would just bring puppy home but Darren would flip out if there was a puppy in the house on an evening when he came home and he wouldn’t do anything like that to me, at least I hope not. However, he did kick my cat outside to be a permanent outdoor kitty and we have not seen her for over a week. If he made my cat runaway, I am going to be very mad. He better hope that she comes back.


The last few days have been gorgeous. Sunday Darren, the girls, and I met Billy, Vinny, and their two boys at The Farm House cafe for lunch. After lunch Billy, her boy, Darren, the girls, and I went to the park in Leeds and let the kids play for an hour or so. We had fun gabbing while the kids ran all over the park. Yesterday Billy, I, and the kids went back to the park and we were there for a few hours. We packed coolers, drinks, and snacks so that we didn’t have to go anywhere. I made sure I had sunscreen for the girls. I didn’t put any on so I am a bit toasted but not too red. Today is supposed to be another 87 degree day so I am heading out to Billy’s house to see my puppy and sit in her cool farm house.

2 Comments:

  • At May 9, 2007 at 7:18 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I'll ask my dad, he could probably tell me why NDTC doesn't extend to York.

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 6:04 AM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    Thank-you for your concern. The tornados did not hit here but about 2 and a half hours away. People are really trying to pull together to help them out. It is really mind boggling.

    I understand the frustration with the telephone thing. Ours got bought out by some company in who knows where east coast. They are slowly pulling out support.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone