He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

NOT TOO MUCH GOING ON

The insurance adjuster came out a week ago. The deer did close to $1,500 worth of damage to the truck. We have a $500 deductible so they can cut us a check for $900 to have it repaired. We have not received the check yet.

I need to say sorry to Kevin and April. Darren and I had full intentions of getting to Aiden's baptism since we have not seen the cutie yet but we had a lot going on here at the house and it was past 3:30 before we realized what time it was. Sorry you guys. We really did want to be there.

Things right now are going great with my summer classes. I have not had any real problems yet. I am having a problem getting some software to load into my computer to take exams for one class. I may have to have the CD exchanged. I wrote the WSC bookstore about the disk and I am awaiting an answer.

On Saturday we helped Darren's cousin Jeff and Jeff's girlfriend move into their new home. Jeff bought a house across from Ellery Park in Rugby. It is a really nice home. After helping them for a little while we met Darren's parents over at his grandmother's house. It is Darren's grandmothers birthday Wednesday and since nobody could meet with her tomorrow Dave and Deb decided to take her out to eat and invited us to come with. After dinner we headed over to grandma's for cake but the girls were so rotten because they were very tired that I just dropped Darren off and the girls and I came straight home.

I had to take Jessie to the clinic last week. She has an ear infection. She has been on medicine for about a week so she is great now. Cassie has been acting out something terrible. She has been peeing on the floor, dumping lotions, shampoos, and hair stuff all over the floor, she is digging in everything, she has started to color over everything (and I literally mean everything) with a black Sharpie marker. I cannot figure out why she is being so terrible. I am hoping that it is a phase and that we can work it out quickly.

With the last extreme rain fall that we had over the weekend, our trailer sprung some leaks. We got 5 inches in one night and on that night the water was coming in from the base of the kitchen floor and running across the kitchen, coming in at the floor behind one of the couches in the living room, and the ceiling in our bedroom bath was leaking. It was during this water chaos that I came to the realization that I am ready for a house with very little imperfections...hell, just a house would do right now.

This weekend a friend of ours is getting married up at Lake Metigoshi with a dance and reception to follow at a recreational area up there. It is also the weekend of Devils Run Classic Car show too. Darren and I plan to take the girls to the Classic Car Show parade and then later in the evening head up to the lake and catch our friends reception. However, this will be a lot of driving time and since the gas prices are so terrible right now we may just hit the parade with the girls and then come right home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone