He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BED, GRADES, AND THE LAST OF THE PUPPY TALK

On Saturday of last weekend my mother bought the girls a really nice bunk bed. It is real solid pine and the top bunk has a really nice railing and set of stairs. Darren put the bunk bed together on Sunday and Cassie really loves the new bed. We do not have twin mattresses right now so we have to use 5 standard pillows surrounding her toddler bed mattress. Cassie doesn't mind at all. She is just happy about her new bed. I got an e-mail from Darren's mother today and she checked on twin mattresses at St. Michel's furniture store in Rugby and she will give us money in a couple of weeks to help pay for the mattresses. Thank you Grandma's for the girls wonderful new beds! It wouldn't be possible without both of you!!!

I got my semester grades back and I am happy with them except for one. They are:
Keyboarding II - A
Medical Law& Ethics - A
Laboratory Procedures - B
Applied Medical Transcription - C

The C in Applied Med Trans is the first C EVER since starting college and is currently my lowest grade to date. However, I am very hopeful that it will change to a B. My instructor still has 4 assignments of mine to grade and when she is finished she will submit the change to the records office. She also said that she will never lower a grade. Either way, I passed all my classes. The C bums me out a little though.

The girls and I met Billy and the boys in the park today. I told her that when I finish all of my classes in the spring of next year, and I have all 3 of my degrees, I want to celebrate by going to Glacier National Park in Montana as a vacation before I start working. I have checked out the park and there are cabins that you can rent within the park as well as tent sites. I have to check it out more. Billy told me about this cool place in South Dakota near Aberdeen called Story Book Land that she and Vinny want to take the boys to. They were going to go last year but never got the right opportunity to do so. We checked Story Book Land out on the Internet at Billy's house when the kids finished playing at the park and it looks like a super cool place. I want to take the girls there too!! They are going to try and get there this summer. This summer might be short notice for us because we are still trying to catch up with bills and things so it may have to wait until later. I think a trip to Glacier and Story Book Land would be such wonderful trips for the kids and I have always wanted to visit the national parks in the U.S.

I spoke to Darren one last time about the Delilah on Monday. It was a very positive no. I called Billy and let her know that I wouldn't be able to take Del. I was so bummed out that I didn't want to make the phone call. The puppies will be on Tradio tomorrow. I will be sad when Del goes. I got a little spiteful because Darren is planning to buy a case for his hunting bow, some arrows, and arrow heads. He doesn't use his bow (not right now anyway since he really doesn't know how to use it) and all the money that the items cost I could have bough puppy food for 1/3 of the cost. I am working on letting it go though and also on being more vocal about things that upset me and that I disapprove of instead of being so submissive all the time.

1 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2007 at 9:32 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I do see where both of you guys are coming from, and in that vein disagree with what lawwife said previously--nothing personal to that blogger, but making the decision to take care of a living thing MUST be unanimous between the couple doing it. As long as both are paying into the household one way or another, both get a say in it, and unfortunately, if one says no, it's best not to do it.
    That being said, I'm glad to hear of your decision to be more vocal about what you think. Good or bad, it opens lines of communication.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone