He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 14, 2007

HAPPY MOM'S DAY ... AND OTHER THINGS

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!
Especially to my mother, April, Karissa, and Billy Jo.

Boy, things are going to hell in a hand basket over here. A while back we had a leaking water line from our toilet. No water collected on the floor, it was just damp constantly around the toilet. Darren wrapped a towel around the base of the toilet and as soon as he did that, the water couldn’t run down the water line, through the hole in the floor, and under the trailer house. Instead, it soaked the towel and flooded half of the bathroom and warped the bathroom floor BAD. We knew we would have to replace the floor soon but I wanted to wait until I had some extra financial aid money so that we could put a new tub in (because the one we have now is very old and has cracked VERY bad), replace the linoleum, and fix the toilet all at the same time. My luck got worse four days ago when the floor finally gave out from underneath me as I was getting the girls out of the back room. I didn’t go all the way through the floor with everything else, but it was close. Now we don’t know how when we are going to be able to fix the floor but it will have to be soon or we will have problems.

A representative from the phone company out in Stanley was here today around noon. The phone was still scratchy and staticy. I did some work outside the house for a while, came back in to check the phone, the phone wasn’t any better, he went back outside and drove away, then he came back and informed me that the main phone line hanging in the air the is supply the phone with the phone line is spilt and hanging. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do about that today because he needs an aerial truck to get to the main line. They came back today with a truck and worked for a few hours. I am happy to say that they got the line fixed and my phone and Internet are now working properly again.

I got my books for summer classes on Friday. Just another reminder that classes start again in one week. The books were not near as expensive as the other semester books. It makes me wonder if I got all the books that I need for the classes or not. I am going to go through the boxes and then check with the professors of the classes. That way if I need another book, or two, I can get them ordered and sent off before classes start.

I begged Darren the other day for the puppy. I told him I felt really bad for her and if nothing else, I wanted to keep her until she was fat and healthy like the other ones and then we could give her to someone. He said no and was very adamant about it. I will have to remind him of that when he wants to go out and buy stuff for his hunting bow and when he wants to buy another toy that we really do not need right now. I do see his point though. We would have to feed her, vaccinate her, and get her tags and all that stuff really does add up to be a lot. He also said that he doesn’t want to move a dog into town if we move. I reminded him that we have Tucker already and he said that he doesn’t know what he wants to do with him if we move either and doesn’t want to worry about two dogs. News flash...it is a corner lot. It’s a HUGE yard. If we fence in the whole area we will have room for a dog. I don’t know about two dogs, but we wouldn’t have to get rid of Tucker. I cannot see him getting rid of Tucker either just because we move. I must also say a big THANK YOU to Anonymous commenting in the last post. I makes me feel good when someone understands where I am coming from about the dog issue.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone