He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, May 18, 2007

WEEKEND PLANS AND OTHER THINGS

Darren made plans for this weekend. We need to mow our yard again, there is stuff around the garage that needs to be picked up, some things inside the house need work, and one day this weekend he wants to take the girls and I out for treats. This usually means a trip to the Dairy Queen in Rugby. I am totally in love with their brownie batter blizzard. Any one who has a chocolate addiction, like me, will appreciate this blizzard.

This Sunday is also little Aiden’s baptism. If Darren cannot go for some reason then I will see if my mom can watch the girls for me, otherwise we all plan on going. It should be fun and the last time we saw everyone was on Doug’s birthday so it will be nice to get together with everyone. It would be nice if we could all hang out for a bit again too.

In one of my last posts, I wrote how I forgot to send in the summer sheet for financial aid. I did hear back from the college and I was approved for some finanical aid. Luckily I have just enough to cover the books and classes. Bad side is that I will only have $138 left. I was hoping for the extra grants to help catch up on some bills but the grants were on a first come, first serve basis and the were out of funds by the time my application came in. Shoot anyway! I am very positive that we will find another means to help catch up on bills.

I want to collect stuff that I have done in some of my classes and put together a portfolio so that I have something to show future employers. However, I have never had to put one together before and I don’t know to do it. I was going to print out some of the transcripts that I have typed for classes and also print out some of the Keyboarding II stuff. Other than that, I really don’t know what to include.

I called Billy yesterday. The puppies were going like hot cakes. When I called, there was already someone out there that was taking Del and a brown male. I am glad she got a good home. There was someone who was supposed to go out today and take another one and that will leave her with just one brown male to get rid of. I cannot believe how fast they went. I guess lab/retriever puppies are in great demand.

I am gearing up for classes which start on Monday already. I am going to be taking:
Medical Terminology II
Introduction to Computers
Surgical Transcription
Pharmacology for Business

Billy chewed my butt for not taking the summer off like normal people. She is just bummed because I won’t be able to hang out with her and the boys on really nice hot days. I will make time for them though. Besides, I may have to go out to their farm and use their DSL for some classes.

2 Comments:

  • At May 18, 2007 at 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Use my DSL huh!, I feel used! JK. By the way, the puppies are GONE! WOOP WOOP! I am so happy. The people that came today took the two boys I had left. So now its just Rusty left, but I will be sad to see her go.

    Billy Jo

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 10:23 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    BJ (hehe...I called you BJ) you know I wouldn't go out to the farm JUST to use your DSL and you know that!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone