He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, May 18, 2007

WHAT A DAY

Just when I thought things were going good and I believed that the house and the girls were under control something let loose and I wish I knew how to fix it. For some reason Cassie has been having a problem not making it to the bathroom. I think we have had 10 accidents in 3 days. If she is still having all these accidents over the weekend I may take her to the clinic to see if she has an infection. During nap time today Cassie got up to use the bathroom and she took the bar of soap from the bathtub back to the bedroom with her. She gave it to Jessie and when I went into the room 2 hours later the side of the crib was caked with a white waxy layer of soap. I can only guess how much of that Jessie ate. Then a few hours later I went to into the girls bedroom to get Cassie a shirt so we could walk down to the park and the crib mobile was in the middle of the floor and Cassie had taken a pair of scissors and cut the farm animals off the mobile, cut the little strings off the animals and cut those up into a bazillion pieces, and also cut up the crib bumper. I told Cassie she couldn’t go to the park after that. That sent Cassie into a crying fit that seemed to last forever. Jessie has turned into a toilet monster. If the bathroom door is not locked she will literally run into the bathroom and dive into the toilet to play in the water. Each time to use the toilet you have to look into it before use because she also throws everything in the toilet or the garbage can in the kitchen. I couln't handle it much longer so I called my mom to come over and watch the girls while I ran into Leeds to get some groceries quickly. I am so glad that she watched them because I needed the break BAD. I know it was just a day and that tomorrow will be better. Dad will be home over the weekend, so if I have to, I can run outside for a bit when I get stressed.

Gas prices are just ridiculous. Darren and I do not like the vehicles to get under a half of a tank just in case there is an emergency over the weekend or we have to go somewhere in the middle of the night so I filled the car up with gas when I got groceries today. The lady at the gas station said I showed up just in time because she was just getting ready to go out and raise the price sign another 11 cents. Gas now is $3.45. OUCH! I have decided not to go anywhere unless it is to Billy’s because I can also do homework at her place while all the kids play together and I am going to give my mother my shopping lists so she can pick stuff up for me when she is done with work. If I need to go anywhere else, I am going to take my horse.

On a good note, my sister called me on her way to Rochester, MN. We talked for 1 ½ hours or better. She gave me some great suggestions on how to put a small portfolio together so I am not lugging a 5 pound book around. She also said that she was very proud of me because of some recent choices that I have made for myself and for how well I am doing with my college. I think she was very surprised when she realized I will have 3 degrees after only 2 years of college. Just think how great I could have been in high school if I actually worked at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone