He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, June 18, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

I have to send a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY out to all the father's out there: My dad, Darren's father, Kevin, Doug, Vinny, KSoFM, and any else that I may have forgotten to mention.

This week my father was gone to Grand Lodge meeting stuff so the girls and I spend Wednesday night over at my mothers house. It was great to spend the day, and night, in a home with central air. The next morning I called and got myself a hair appointment in Devils Lake. I was getting sick of my scraggly long hair. I told the gal, who happens to be a really good friend from the Ferry days, that I wanted my hair cut short, colored, and highlighted. Well, I got what I asked for. My hair is cut short. Too short for me, but I am sure I will grow used to it. The length of my hair is right above the nape of my neck. The color is great. It is just a little bit darker than my original color and the highlights are not too bad.

When I was in town I also ran over to Alltel wireless and got a FEMA phone. I didn't know that FEMA phones existed until Billy told me about it. It is an unlimited minute, month by month cell phone plan. I pay just $7 for the service and $3 for the phone monthly and I can cancel my service at anytime and I will not be charged a cancellation fee. I can get caller ID, voice mail, and all that other garbage too for a small fee but right not I am just going to keep it at $10 per month. When I went in, I gave them $30 (which came from my financial aid) that has me paid up until September. If I should cancel my service I do have to give the phone back. That is no big deal because if I cancelled I probably wouldn't use the phone anyway. The only bad thing is that it is for ND calls only and I get charged extra for receiving out of state calls too. I am not worried because the only person out of state I call is my sister and we have toll free long distance on our home phone so I can call my sister from our house phone and then she could call back from her cell if she wanted too but wouldn't have too. The reason that I can get a FEMA phone is because we are on food stamps, energy assistance, and Medicaid. Darren would be able to get the same phone plan too if he wants.

For Father's Day we all went out to Billy and Vinny's. Billy and I cooked steaks, pork chops, and potatoes. When we arrived they had already cooked up some hot dogs and brats. We pigged out BIG TIME. We were not intending to stay too very long, but we were having so much fun we ended up spent the night. After the kids all went to bed we mixed up some drinks. Vinny couldn't drink because he worked the next day. We left their house shortly after everyone was awake. Everyone ran out of the house pretty fast because we all had shit to do. In the rush of the morning Billy managed to get everything into her Explorer except for the keys to the house which were in her purse that she accidentally locked inside the house. Luckily we had not left yet and Darren was smoking outside of the car so he was able to open up a window for Billy and give her a boost back into the house. Hopefully we can spend the night again some time. It was a lot of fun.

Well, back to the grind. I have a lot of homework to catch up on tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone