He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, September 21, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS STACY AND KEVIN

My cousin Stacy Cederstrom and her husband Kevin are the proud parents of another baby girl. Her name is Nora Jeanine and she was born Wednesday morning weighing 5 lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long. Little Nora wasn't supposed to be here until November so she is about two months early. Stacy's water broke on Monday and they tried for two days to stop her from going in to labor but the baby was born anyway.

Nora is in the NICU at Innovis in Fargo, ND and everything, so far, is going okay.

I called my cousin yesterday afternoon to talk to her for a little bit. Being a mother of a preemie myself, I know exactly what she is going through. Jessie was about the same size as Nora when she was born. Stacy had some of her own questions to ask and I answered them as best as I could for her.

My cousin is being discharged on Friday and I am sure that Nora is not going to be able to go home with them. I will have to call and keep in touch with her because the hardest part about giving birth to a preemie is having to leave them behind when you have to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone