He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yesterday I had a paper to write, my laptop was acting up, the girls were restless, and I had to go to a grocery store to get more baby food. So I decided to take the girls to Rugby and visit Tonya and Jeff.

I left the girls with Tonya as I ran down to the grocery store. It's pretty convenient to do that because Tonya lives right down the street from the grocery store.

The girls all played together while Tonya and I sat and had a wonderful visit. We even had a bonding moment which was really cool. Cassie played outside most of the day with Tonya's oldest daughter, Alyssa. Tonya and Alyssa had a volleyball game to go to close to 5. Cassie asked Tonya if she could go with them and Tonya asked me if she could take Cassie. I said that I didn't care because Jessie was taking a nap and I had just planned on finishing my paper while they were gone. It was wonderful!!! I got ALL of my homework done in that hour. That's more than I get done at home. I even had a little time to watch some TV and I cleaned up Tonya's living room. It didn't stay clean too long because when all the kids got back they trashed the living room in .04 seconds.

Jeff showed up shortly after Tonya and the kids left for the game. He brought over some fish that he had caught on Antelope Lake the day before and made it for supper. Jeff soaks his fish over night in a bucket of water to take the distinct fish smell and taste out of the meat. He uses Shore Lunch to coat the fish and then fries it in oil. Honestly it is the best fish that I have ever eaten. Jeff can make my fish any day. It was really good! Cassie even ate the fish over the chicken nuggets and mac & cheese that was made for the smaller kids.

Then we hung out for a little bit longer after supper and then the girls and I headed for home. I ran to my parents place for a few seconds because both the girls were sleeping. I had to pick up our Microsoft disk so that I could fix the laptop. My mom had tried to call the house when she got off work but we were gone. I supposed she is so used to me hanging out at her place that she was concerned when she didn't hear from us. My mom may finally get a break from us know that I have found a friend to hang out with.

It was a fun day. We may do it again today.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone