He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, September 09, 2006

WARNING: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE

The pilot light to our furnace hasn't been lit since we ran out of propane about a month ago and it has been cold, really cold, in the evenings and early mornings lately. So I called out neighbor this morning to see if he could run over and see if he could start the pilot light for me. I am paranoid to light it because I am afraid that I will blow up the house if I try. He said that he would come over so in the mean time, I just turned on the oven and left the oven door open to get heat in the house to take the chill out of the air.

Jessie and I were playing in the living room while waiting for our neighbor, Cassie was still sleeping in her bed, when all of a sudden we heard this loud bang sound come from the kitchen. I immediately thought that something happened to the oven and my house could be on fire. I ran into the kitchen and the oven was fine. I had noticed that the magnetic alphabet letters that are usually on the front of the fridge were now scattered all over the kitchen floor. A closer inspection revealed that the door to the fridge was now open.

I opened up the fridge. In 100 years I would have never expected of see what I did. A 2 qt plastic bottle of orange tangerine Juciy Juice had burst. It left the wonderful orange sticky juice all over everything inside the fridge. The pressure was so great that it popped open the fridge door causing the magnetic letters to fall off the door and onto floor. I had to clean out my fridge anyway, but that is not the way I wanted to get it done.

Shortly after the great juice experience, my neighbor showed up. He checked out the furnace for me, but he wasn't comfortable with the way this furnace lit either and suggested that I have someone from Cenex come over and light it for me. He even checked the propane tank for me and there is only about 14% left in the tank and he isn't sure if that is enough to light the furnace or not. Some propane may have to be put in before it is lit anyway. Then when someone comes to fill our propane tank, they can light the furnace at the same time.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone