He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, September 15, 2006

5 YEARS

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. We don't have anything special planned. Darren left the house around 5 this morning to go out goose hunting with his cousins. I am continuing with my daily routine with the girls and trying to get some transcriptions done for my Fundamentals of Medical Transcription class.

Darren was thinking of running up to Willow City later this evening and leaving the girls with his mom and we could go have steaks at the bar for our anniversary. The bar in Willow has really good food and it would be nice to do something different.

Yesterday I had to take the girls in to Devils lake because Jessie has localized white lesions on her lips. The doctor didn't think it was thrush because Jessie was still eating and drinking from a bottle, but figured that it was cause by some kind of yeast. Jessie is on medication for 14 days. She should finish the meds right before we leave for Vegas.

Cassie was just terrible during the trip to down. She is definitely turning into a diva. She was running all over the place and wouldn't stay next to me. When we were done at the clinic we walked over to the hospital to visit my mom and Cassie was running all over Same Day Surgery. She wanted to go to the park so I told her that if she behaved for the rest of the trip we would stop in Leeds.

She did fine during the ride but once we got to the park and all she did was cry and whine when I put her in a swing. It was terrible. I started to feel embarrassed because there are homes all around the park, including an apartment building, and I didn't want someone thinking I was abusing my child. I told Cassie to quit or we would go home. She wouldn't stop so I went to take her out of the swing and she ran and hid behind the slide and started screaming at the top of her lungs. I had never heard her scream so loud. I put Jessie back in the car and I went to get Cassie. Cassie flung herself around, kicked, and screamed all the way to the car. When I put her in the car she continued to whale as loud as she could and she was kicking everything she could inside the car. It was horrible!

She screamed all the way home. Then she wouldn't get out of the car so I had to pull her out. Then she wouldn't walk up to the house so I had to chase her to the house to get her inside.

I don't know what got into her yesterday but whatever it was I hope that it doesn't come back anytime soon. Oh the joys of parenting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone