He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

STUFF

A few days ago when I ran home to check on the animals and the answering machine, I noticed new flags in the yard. It's for the powerlines running underneath the ground. Today when I ran to York a contractor met me so that we could discuss where to bring the water pipes into the yard. He's going to have to cut a 3 foot section out of our hedges to get the water in the yard but I don't care, it's not like they are really pretty or anything and Darren and I were going to tear all the hedges out anyway. The guy said that we should have water by the end of September but they can't guarantee it in case they run into problems but we will definitely have water by the end of fall. THANK GOD!

Darren leaves Sunday night for Marshall MN. He has to go to Schwan's U (yes, there really is a schwan's university). He is going to learn all about the products, see how they are made, the get to taste all the product, and they will learn how to become better sales people and learn selling techniques. Darren will be there all week and should be home next Friday sometime. My mom needs to work Saturday so I will be at my mom's until Saturday evening when she gets off work. This way Darren can bring his uniforms over so I can wash them and then my mom said she will watch Cassie for a few hours for us so we can do something together. I am not sure what we are going to be doing yet Saturday evening but I am sure we will either end up in Rugby or Devils Lake.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. It's just a monthly prenatal. I hope that during this appointment we will finally hear the baby's heartbeat and can set up an ultrasound for September. It's hard to believe that our little baby will be here in only 5 months!! Was it really that long ago when I told everyone the news???

My dad and Mike got home from Sturgis tonight. They had a lot of fun. They said that there were already 4 deaths on Monday alone, they passed an accident the other day and EMTs were working on the person but Mike said it didn't look hopeful, and my dad said that one night a biker was killed when he was hit from behind by a drunk driver when the biker stopped for a stop sign/red light. Bike week isn't over yet and it's scary to think of all the accidents there yet could be. I am just glad that the are okay and home safely.

2 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2005 at 10:47 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    I hope everything goes well with your doctor's appointment. 5 months to go, check you out!!

     
  • At August 11, 2005 at 7:36 PM, Blogger April said…

    I second that good luck.

    I'm sure everything will be fine. I can't believe you only have 5 months left! I can't believe Josie only has 2 left, it feels like she's been pregnant for YEARS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone