He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, August 08, 2005

GOODBYE TO PETER JENNINGS 1938-2005

I really thought Peter Jennings would be back on air after his chemotherapy treatment. I didn't realize that he was worse off than the public was aware. My mom and I were watching ABC News after the local news on WDAZ. I was wondering why they were doing a story on Peter Jennings. Everyone already knew about him and knew about his statement in April saying he had lung cancer. My mom said "He must have died, why else would they be doing a tribute?" Sure enough at the end of the program that everyone is used to seeing when someone has died...the picture of the departed with the name off to the side and the dates of birth and death. I was really shocked to see that. Who would have guessed that only four months after his diagnosis of cancer he wouldn't be around.

2 Comments:

  • At August 8, 2005 at 6:27 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    i was so shocked when i heard. i always appreciated him and enjoyed his calm delivery.

     
  • At August 8, 2005 at 7:45 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I was surprised when I heard about his death last night too. I really didn't know how bad off he was. I'm glad that he was able to do lots of exciting things in his life and I'm glad I got to watch him everynight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone