He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, July 31, 2005

BREAKER BREAKER GOOD BUDDY

This morning when Cassidy and I got up, I turned on the TV so that she could watch some cartoons while she ate breakfast and then I went to turn on the air conditioner since it was already 80 outside and it was only 10 am. When I turned on the AC I lost power in the living room except the ceiling fan, lost all power in the master bedroom, and the light in the kitchen wasn't working but all the appliances were still going. I check the breaker box and everything looked OK. Darren got up and turned all the breakers off and then turned them on again hoping to rest them but it didn't work. My dad is pretty good with this kind of stuff so I called him and he came over to our place to check things out. He was there for about an hour and he couldn't get anything working either. Somehow some thing happened to the circuit that those things were running on. Now on Monday I am going to have to call an electrician over to see if they can get things working. I don't know how long they will be at our house and I hate to call them over because their rate per hour is just crazy. I am hoping that this doesn't cost us too much. Cassie and I are going to stay at my parents place until things are working again because it's supposed to be in the mid 80's and 90's this week. Darren said that he would just take off for Harvey tonight and stay at a hotel or stay with some friends. What a great way to start off the week.

2 Comments:

  • At July 31, 2005 at 7:41 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    First of all if this person had to look in the dictionary to know what shit means than he/she is an idiot. Second...well actually I don't have anything else to say except I like reading your blog.

     
  • At August 1, 2005 at 10:35 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks Karissa, that means a lot. I didn't take it personally. I just didn't give him the satisfaction or replying because that would just taunt him more and I am sure that is what he wants.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone