He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, August 07, 2005

STURGIS AND ONLY ONE VEHICLE

Dad and brother Mike just left for Sturgis. I wish I had the opportunity to go with, that would be so much fun. We went August 2003 and I was eight months pregnant with Cassie and I remember it being hotter than hell. I think it was 105 in the shade. We had fun though. We checked out Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Bridal Veil Falls, and we even made it over into Wyoming to see Devils Tower. I was pretty slow and couldn't do too much but it was worth it. I would go again if I had the chance. This evening we are meeting Darren's parents in Rugby at 4 pm for supper. That will be nice cause we haven't seen them for a while. The buick finally died on Darren last night too so now we are just down to Darren's pickup for a vehicle. Darren was lucky though and the buick quit on him just outside my parents house as he was coming down the driveway. Thank God he wasn't out by Harvey or in the middle of nowhere when it happened. Darren has to go to Marshall, MN next week for Schwan's training and he will be there all week. I am sure what he is going to be able to do for a vehicle. He doesn't want to take the truck because it will kill him on gas and then Cassie and I won't have a vehicle. He has thought of renting one from a car dealership in Devils Lake but that costs money too so he hasn't decided yet what to do. Darn cars! We knew we were going to have to look for a family vehicle anyway with the baby on the way but we don't have the money to buy anything right now. I wish the buick wouldn't have quit until we found something and had the money to purchase it. Oh well, what can you do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone