He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, July 31, 2005

BARN

With my dad's help, we should be done with this barn business today. The guy who's barn we were using kept calling us to do things and fix stuff up but when we would go up to the barn, the key wasn't in it's place and we couldn't get my tack or the shovels and things out to do the cleaning. My dad called the guy and asked him what was up with that and the guy told my dad he wanted some things done in the barn first before he would let us in to get our stuff. Apparently he's thinking was that we would get our crap and then leave things the way they were but my dad raised us kids better than that and always taught us to clean up things, and if we could, to even clean them better than they first were so nothing could be said about cleanliness. After some words, my dad and the guy came to an agreement that we would get all the hay out of the barn and the old manure pile would be moved to our side of the pasture and then he would open up the tack room to the barn. We didn't have to worry about replacing a couple pieces of tin, as long as the tin was placed in the barn the guy would put them up nor did we need to move the old straw pile or clean underneath the wind break either. So I got the hale bales out, yesterday my dad came over and helped me fork out the old hay on the bottom of the barn floor and then we put in tin siding in there for the guy, and today dad is taking his tractor over to our house and he and Darren are going to move the manure pile. Hopefully tomorrow the guy should let me get my stuff out and we won't have to deal with him any more. Now I still need to find a barn, an old garage or grainery will work great and I need to get something before the fall because they horses can't go without on over the winter. If any of you around DL know where we can buy one (moving it isn't a problem...as long as it's not in water!) let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone