He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, July 31, 2005

NO HAY

Darren's mom called the other day. Because of all the rain that they have had up in Willow City and the surrounding area, Darren's dad isn't going to have much for hay. They allowed some CRP to be opened up so that ranchers could hay those area's but most of the CRP is full of water too. This is only a small area that Darren's dad can actually hay and he isn't going to have enough for his cattle over the winter. Right now, Darren's dad is feeding the cattle the hay that was left over from last winter because all of his pasture is still underwater and when that hay runs out, he doesn't have any feed left. Darren's dad plans on selling all of his cattle in November. It a real terrible thing and I feel bad that he has to do that. I wouldn't want to sell my horses because of something like that either but what else do you do about it. I found someone that I can buy hay from for $15 a bale and I need 30 bales, 10 per horse, to last the winter. That isn't too bad but it's a lot more expensive, and difficult, to buy hay for 40 animals unless you make the hay yourself. Right now I have only found 20 bales for sale, I am hoping to find another 10 some where but I am also going to buy 100 small square bales so hopefully that will help out too. I know that I may have to face reality too and that I might have to sell my horses since we may be moving, but right now, I just want to try every option to avoid selling.

3 Comments:

  • At July 31, 2005 at 6:19 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    Janelle, that's so not right, or true what Blogbot said. Some people really get their satisfation from putting down other people. These are lonely, sad, envious people who have no one that loves then. Pay no mind (ya heard?).

     
  • At August 1, 2005 at 10:30 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Don't worry. I didn't take it to heart. There are a lot of people out there that like to be mean. I didn't worry about posting or making any comment because I am sure he was just looking for another reason to bash it more. This way, I am not giving him the satisfaction of taunting him even more.

     
  • At August 1, 2005 at 10:31 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks too, the kind words do make a person feel better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone