He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, August 12, 2005

DOCTORS APPOINTMENT

Well, I have good news and some bad news...

GOOD NEWS is that I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time. BAD NEWS is that I am already experiencing some swelling in my hands and feet mostly during the evening and the Dr said that I shouldn't be having any swelling yet so he ran a urinalysis and there was protein in it. I know that protein in your urine isn't a good thing and it comes from the kidneys and that means that they aren't functioning correctly. What going on right now isn't certain but I guess that some pregnant women can have kidney problems (so I've be told) and I am going to try to read up on it. If I continue to have swelling or if the swelling gets worse I am supposed to call my Dr right away. I woke up with pain in my right side today but I am going to wait and see if it is still there tomorrow, I want to see if a higher fluid intake changes anything.

My doctor didn't schedule an ultrasound for next month. Just another prenatal and another urinalysis only. I was hoping that we would have scheduled a date for the ultrasound so that I could let April know if she still wanted to be there for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone