He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, May 22, 2005

IT WASN'T THE CREDIT UNION

We stopped at my mom's place quickly coming home from Cando. I asked mom if she and Grandma took their ride to the bank. She said yes and, no, Grandma didn't get them to the bank. My Grandma lives in apartments right next to Heartland Care. Mom had Grandma get into her Jeep and give her directions to the bank. Well Grandma had her turn by Prairie View School, then they went down 3rd street past Rainy's parents house and Dr Petty's home. The crossed the street to the Great Northern building. Grandma had her turn left there and they went past Jerome's Wholesale then under the overpass. Grandma was going to have her turn right at Ottertail but she told my mom too late so they turned around in the K-Mart parking lot. As they went back by Ottertail and turn, then my Grandma said "this is where I got confused". They got to the Pizza Ranch and Grandma told mom that is when she gave up and went home. Mom had Grandma give her the directions that she took home, so mom got on Hwy 2 and then Grandma told her to turn left which put them at the Dukes car wash. My mom drove Grandma down the frontage road there and stopped in front of the Credit Union. She told Grandma here was her bank and it was right across the street from the Home of Economy. Grandma told mom that was not her bank. When my mom told her that it was her bank and she had been banking there for 20 years my Grandma said "No, I have never been in that bank in my life". I think they did get inside to get her paper work for her rent signed. When mom took Grandma home she told her if her mind is playing tricks on her and if she can't remember where things are then she needs to think about not driving anymore. I hope she doesn't take off and not tell anyone where she is going. Who knows what could happen after this.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone