He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, May 20, 2005

EAR INFECTION AND NEW JOB WOES

It's really hot outside today and Cassie is down for a nap right now. Darren is outside mowing the lawn and I have to get started on cleaning the house but I thought I would blog quickly first. I think Cassie might have another ear infection. She has been crabby the last two days, last night she woke up in the middle of the night, and today she's been whinnying and crying all day. This is her typically normal pattern for an ear infection. I even tried to give her a bath right away this morning, because she LOVES baths, but all she did was scream the whole time. I think that's the fastest I have bathed her since she started taking baths in the big tubbie. We couldn't get in today to see Petty so we are going to see Jeana Jorde, a PA up in Cando at 3:30. When we get home I am going to have to clean more and I am sure Darren will finish his mowing if it's not raining by then. Darren is also a little worried about his new job now. He thinks they gave the Rugby route that he wanted to another guy that started last week. The whole reason he applied for that job was for the Rugby route. He doesn't want to be driving a route somewhere that he isn't familiar with. I don't blame him. I told him to wait until he actually starts (June 6th) and that maybe the guy is just running the route until Darren gets his own truck. I hope he does like it and it works out for him. I am trying to be as supportive as I can be, but when he starts to doubt himself and the choices that he's made even when I try to give him encouragement it's hard. I have told him that I will do anything that he's willing to try to make this job work for him. I am really praying that everything goes well because we really need this job to help with bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone