He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 16, 2005

CAN I GET A WITNESS

It wasn't long after I got inside the house after letting Tango out of the barn that a Jehovah Witness from Rugby knocked at the door. I was lucky, I was in the bathroom when it happened so Darren ended up answering the door. I don't really like talking to them so I stayed in the bathroom until the guy was gone and while I was in the bathroom it reminded me of how Amadon would actually invite those guys into his place and actually talk to them for 2 hours about the bible, Christ, church, etc. until the Jehovah got tired of it and made their own excuse to leave. It made me smile, ya know, I would actually pay to sit in on one of those conversations today if I had the chance. I also remembered a story that my dad told when I was younger about someone answering the door naked with a can of beer. The Witness didn't even say any, he just turned around and walked away....I hope it wasn't my dad that actually did that, but I can see my father doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone