He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 16, 2005

LONG DAY FOR CASSIE

Cassie didn't get up until 11:30 today!! I am very surprised because normally she doesn't sleep any longer than 9:30. It was too much sleep for me though because I had a headache and I just felt sick to my stomach and I get that way when I sleep too long. When I went to get her, I noticed that the picture carousel that April and Kevin gave her was gone from the top of her dresser. As I looked farther into her room, I saw all the confetti from my baby shower, papers that the doctor wrote when I was pregnant (even the paper he wrote when I went into preterm labor in August so that my boss would give me medical leave), and the wristbands from the hospital. I couldn't' figure out what had happened. It looked like someone went into her room and robbed only the carousel. Then I noticed the carousel in the corner of her crib! She must have gotten up early, stood up, saw the carousel, decided she could grab it, then played with everything inside of it until she fell asleep again. I picked everything up and I moved the carousel. Then later today, I took her over to my mom's while I worked. Cassie didn't take a nap because of how late she slept in. To keep her awake until I got done with work, my mom gave Cassie a bath. Just as they were ending their bath, mom's phone rang so she just let Cassie run around naked. While mom was on the phone, Cassie climbed up in a chair they have next to their fire place and peed all over it. I just had to laugh when my mom told me this. What do you expect when she doesn't have a diaper on. Better on the chair than her carpet, right? I brought Cassie home and put her right to bed. I think she passed out immediately when I laid her down. Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be in the 50's so I will pack shorts for daycare tomorrow and if it's really nice, maybe we can go up to the restaurant in Leeds when I get off work for ice cream...she really loves her ice cream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone