He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, May 19, 2005

DAD, ICE CREAM, AND HORSES

Cassie and I met Dad at Nana's place as usual so that Darren could see her before he went to work. After he left, Nana got home and we went with her into Leeds to get gas for her lawn mower and we stopped at the Leeds Cafe for ice cream and coffee latte's. While we were at the Cafe, we ran into Bethany Ritterman and her son Jayden. It was great to see her because I haven't seen her for a while. As we were talking, I brought up my PCOS and it turns out that she has it too!! She was diagnosed with it when she was 13. She had a lot of positive things to say and she gave good recommendations for my Glucophage that I am on. She said that it will make me loose weight like crazy and and when I told her that it's supposed to work as well or better than the fertility drug clomid, she told me that when she and her exhusband were trying to get pregnant, she took clomid and within a week of using clomid she was pregnant. We will have to wait and see what happends. After that we watched the Worst of American Idol at Nana's which was pretty funny. My mom and I talked a while back about going to Minneapolis in June. My mom took time off to go but now my sister might not be home for our trip so we may not go then. We are going to look at going later in the summer. I hope that we can make it this year, if we don't, I doubt that I will get there any time in the remotely close future, just depending on Darren's new job and if we move or not. Tomorrow we have running around to do in DL. Hopefully it won't take too long and we can get into DL and back home again before the rain showers that are predicted for around 2 pm. Cassie was pretty cute today at my parents house. Since I the two horses over there now, Cassie likes to walk around the back yard and see the horses. She isn't afraid of them one bit! She tries to crawl through and over the fence to get into the pasture to walk around with them and pat their legs. Cassie even calls for the horses too. She can say Luna but she can say Cholla even better. When she calls for Cholla she pronounces it really clear. I am so happy that she is turning into a little cowgirl and that she likes the horses as much as I do. It's going to be really cool when I can take her for her first horseback ride and it will get even better when she has her own horse and we can go out riding together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone