He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 16, 2005

...AND HE'S OFF!!

Around noon I went up to the barn to let Tango out. He had not seen the outside world for almost twenty-four hours and since he had the night to calm down a bit and Darren was home, he deserved to be outside. Tango was pretty anxious to get out of the barn, he walked pretty good with me to the south half of the pasture considering his mother and "auntie" were no where around, plus he had to sing all the way just to let every other horse in the county know where he was. I tied him up next to the water tank so he could have his afternoon drink as I walked back and shut the dividing gate to our pasture so he would be down next to the house just in case he decided to try something. When I let him loose the dirt just flew! I think the ran all over that pasture whinnying for an hour or better. He finally calmed down and started to eat but occasionally he still takes off running and will whinny periodically. He hasn't ran through any fence yet and his behavior is really good. He's not taking the separation near as bad as It thought he was going to. I tried to get some pics but it was hard because he wouldn't stand still for anything very long. A majority of them were blurred. I will post the good ones I got though for everyone to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone