He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, March 17, 2005

VIOLATION OF PLANT INSURANCE POLICY

Work today went pretty well but he day crew manager upset me. I didn't have too much of my own work to do. I did everything that I could to get 12 cases of sample kits ready by next Tuesday except for some sauce that is being thawed out in a thaw cooler at the plant. When I get to work on Monday I am going to put the sauce in sample cups and then put all 12 cases together. Since it was going to take more than 4 hours for the sauce to thaw out, I went to go help the day crew pump sauce. When I don't have anything going on, I usually help the day crew with some of their stuff or I go home early and I like to get as much time in as I can. At times the day crew supervisor will even ask me for help. When I was helping to put lids on the tubs of sauce, the super came over to me and asked me what I was doing. I explained to her that I didn't have anything to do so I was helping them. She said that I am only part-time and I am not supposed to help them because if I got injured doing a full-time job then she and the plant are in trouble because it violates their insurance policy and that I need to get back to doing my own stuff and not worry about them. It really made me upset because she had this "more holy than thou art" sound and it was infront of half of the day crew. Also, what about all the times they have asked me for help?!?!? I have come to a conclusion and I am going to be firm on it even if the day crew supervisor gets pissy about it...I am not going to help them anymore and I am only going to do my FedEx and Sample Kits, when I'm done with those I will go home even if I have only been there for 5 hours or less. When I left work at 3:30 I felt like I was being used. I can only help them when it's convenient for them but when I try and help them so that I can get more hours in I can't because it's violating policy. What a shitty deal. If it's in violation of policy I am not going to worry about helping them anymore and if they ask and I say no and they want to know why, I will just remind all of them about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone