He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

MY YARD IS TURNING INTO AN AVIARY

The birds are driving me fricken nuts! Last summer we had a squirrel chew through the siding of our home and was making his "home" within the walls of ours. One day when the squirrel was gone Darren put a piece of duct tape over the hole but it didn't keep the squirrel out for long. I think in only 2 days the squirrel chewed through the tape. When that didn't work, Darren put a piece of plywood over the hole. This only kept the squirrel out for a day and then the damn thing chewed another hole right beneath the plywood. Over the winter Darren shot every squirrel that came into the yard, I would even wake him up and holler "SQUIRREL IN THE YARD!" and he would literally jump out of bed, grab the shot gun and his jacket and he was out the door in 30 seconds flat. But since there aren't anymore squirrels hanging around, the freakin' birds are now fighting over the holes and whom is going to nest where. I woke up today and all I could hear was chirping and the tree right outside the house was full of birds that were taking turns flying in and out of the holes. It was like there was an open house at our place today and every bird in the county came by to see if it would be appropriate for their nesting needs. Talk about mad. I am just ticked that the birds moved in. A good example of what I am going through would be Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" (Doug would probably know the film I'm talking about). I want to throw rice out my door and watch them all blow up soooooo bad. I love to listen to them in the summer time when I have the windows open and I am reading or cleaning but I do not intend on sharing my home with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone