He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

HOW I MADE MYSELF FEEL LIKE SHIT TODAY

When I went to work this evening, I went to the manager and told him how the day supervisor handled Thursdays situation. I was really shocked by his response and how he replied to me. He said that she had the right to tell me what she did (I agree with this) but, yes, she shouldn't have said anything infront of the other employees and it should have been done behind closed doors and he would talk to her about this (exactly what I wanted) and from now on to ask the day supervisor before I just start helping her crew out because the supervisor has a specific order how he/she wants things done (agreed, I respect that) but then he goes on to tell me that she basically acted that way towards me because there are two ways of doing things, the hard way and the easy way, and for some reason I like to do things the hard way (WHAT!!!) and that I rub a lot of the employees out there the wrong way and he has heard stuff from other employees and that's what he has been noticing too after years of working with me! This makes me feel like crap, I feel like I am not wanted out at the plant by anyone but they can't get rid of me just because I am irritating. No one has ever said anything to me or acted differently towards me, except the day supervisor, but of course they wouldn't they would just go behind my back anyway....but still. He made me feel like it was all my fault and I had it coming. I worked for two hours this evening, came home and after my mom left I put Cassidy to bed and I just bawled. Things aren't going well in my life right now, I am sick and don't know why, now I get my ass chewed by my manager all because I wanted him to tell the supervisor to keep all reprimanding out of earshot of other employees. I feel so awful right now, I hate myself for even going in there in the first place! I am just going to keep to my own things from now on and try not to hold conversations with anyone (because who knows what they are going to say next to the manager about me) and when I am done with my stuff I am just going to leave. To hell with the freakin' day crew.

1 Comments:

  • At March 23, 2005 at 10:12 PM, Blogger April said…

    You really can't blame yourself for what heppened! You did the right thing. I mean, you did exactly what an employee is supposed to do when there is a conflict with a co worker. You went to your boss, and was honest about what heppen and how you felt. You shouldn't feel like you did anything wrong, it is not your fault you feel like shit. He was COMPLETELY unprofessional. How the hell can you "rub someone the wrong way"? You are the nicest, most easy person to get a long with that I know. You can't help what the other employees feel, but it's their damn problem. I think you need to find a different job. There has to be SOMETHING better for you! It just seems like you don't like it there at all, so why stay? It obviously makes you feel horrible everyday, a job like that isn't worth all that stress, there are WAY more important things to think about. You have a right to be happy, so do what makes you happy! Is DL too far away to work for you? I know Rugby is closer, but if the extra 10 minute drive means going to a job that doesn't stress you out so much... just a thought. I hope things get better for you soon. Don't feel so bad, it makes me sad :( By the way, check your email :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone