He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, August 03, 2008

So far, my job is going well. I really like it a lot. I hope it isn’t too temporary and I can stay for a while. Some days can be very entertaining when the farmers come in to visit. The gentleman who manages the elevator here in York even brings over ice cream treats to the shop each week. I don’t really need to extra ice cream in my diet, but I don’t say no either.

The girls really like their new day care provider. I had to switch providers because the girls didn’t like going. I really had to fight with them in the mornings to go, and the sitter didn’t really have any other children to watch, so there wasn’t anyone to play with. I am bummed because new day care provider is going to be closed from the 11th to the 17th of this month. She is moving to a new house and the house has to be finished and inspected before she can start running the day care out of it. Anyone want to come and baby sit at my house for me?

Our baby colt isn’t really a baby any more. He is now officially one month old. He is a little spitfire and is constantly running around the pasture. His color has changed. He isn’t black anymore, but has faded to a dark brown and is starting to get more lighter areas on his neck and sides. I believe he is going to look just like his mommy. Because of his change in color, I have been thinking of changing his name from Oreo to Zip. He doesn’t look much like an Oreo now.

My brother, Mike, got a new job. He left Editor of the Towner Country Herald and took a job as sports writer in Jamestown. My mom and Mike went to his place in Jamestown today to finish set up his apartment and to go shopping for whatever he needs. I am going to miss him. We have always been close. I hope I get the chance to go and visit him sometime.

I am already getting super excited for this coming weekend. A friend of mine from Fargo go us tickets to see Jeff Dunham (I KNOW I have talked about it before) and the time is almost here!! The show is Thursday evening and my friend is going to come down to get me and then bring me back Friday or Sat.

Hope all of you have been doing well!! I will be posting some pictures shortly.

1 Comments:

  • At August 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Blogger April said…

    Yay you aren't dead! I'm glad to hear things are going well with the new job and the new day care.

    Did Mike know that they've been looking for a sports writer for the Devils Lake Journal? They have been without one for a long time. But Jamestown is nice too, maybe he'll run into Em :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone